Wir rufen zurück - Callback-Service

Consulting

Hydraulics
Phone: +49 6181 9003-18

Machines
Phone: +49 6181 9003-52

Service
Phone: +49 6181 9003-20

WINDSOR History

1945

R. H. WINDSOR Ltd. based in Chessington (UK) makes one of the first injection molding machines with partial hydraulic and manual operation.

1951

R. H. WINDSOR Ltd. built the first screw injection unit.

1959

Foundation of R. H. WINDSOR GmbH in Frankfurt/Main.

1962

Development of fully hydraulic machine series.

1963

Development in WINDSOR’s Frankfurt facility of the "SP 12" injection molding machine featuring a fully hydraulic drive and MP 180 of clamping force for the “K” show '63. This design becomes that standard for the entire machine series of WINDSOR.

1969

The British engineering group Guest, Keen & Nettlefolds (UK) takes over the company R. H. WINDSOR Ltd. New company name: GKN WINDSOR Ltd.

1970

WINDSOR purchases a site in Bischofsheim to build a new factory starting four phases of building which are completed in 1977. The built area was 1,700 m².

1978

The commissioning of the largest machine ever built by WINDSOR "HSI 7500" with a clamping force of 75,000 kN at the company Sulo in Herford. This was believed to be the largest machine in the world at the time.

1980

Start of production of medium range machines by WINDSOR in Erlanger, Kentucky (USA).

1982

On September 2nd 1982, Klöckner AG in Duisburg aquired WINDSOR group GKN. Distribution is now carried out by the sales organization of the Klöckner Desma Ferromatik group.

1989

Computer-controlled automation developed by WINDSOR and is installed and commissioned at AEG Rothenburg in Maintal.

1991

Development of a Vertical machine to utilize core-melting technology.

1994

New machine sales discontinued. WINDSOR changes focus to concentrate on spare parts and service, engineered component distribution, and the development of new products.

1999

WINDSOR develops the multi-shot Sandretto injection molding machine.

2006

WINDSOR becomes an official partner Atos distribution partner for hydraulic components.

2007

WINDSOR becomes an official JSW (The Japan Steel Works, Ltd.) distributor for all- electric injection molding machines.

2007

Acquisition of WINDSOR Kunststofftechnologie GmbH and formation of WINDSOR Group, Inc. by Dean M. Francis.

2009

WINDSOR opens technology center in Hanau.